At the origin of a stressful life, there are not only external but also internal problems.
All the things surrounding us affect the way we act and feel :the place of work, school, family , friends , the way we usually solve the problems and so on.
Stress can appear as a consequence of the following situations:
1. Traumatizing events ( wars, accidents, rapes, natural disasters etc.)
2. Stressful events ( the death of a close person, sexual problems, noise, the lack of privacy , the wish to be promoted on a better position etc.)
3. Intrapersonal conflicts ( of the following types : avoiding- avoiding , attraction – attraction, attraction – avoiding, double attraction- avoiding)
4. The rush ( many persons become stressed when they are confronted with deadlines or with emergency situations)
6. The lack of control on things
7. Extreme competition
8. The need of power
9. The need to gain more and more material goods
10. A strong sense of culpability (parents which put the blame on themselves because of their children handicap, children who feel guilty because of their parents’ divorce, etc.)
11. The wish to be perfect ( for many persons , mistakes are a source of profound regret and stress)