Whether it’s spring, summer, fall or winter, some women have dried, chapped or cracked lips. As the weather or the environment changes, lips could be affected. It’s painful and also anesthetic.
Why do lips crack? Because lips do not produce natural oils to protect them against low humidity and cold winds. But there are also other causes, such as: over exposure to the cold or windy conditions, over exposure to the sun, allergies to cosmetic products, infections, drugs, dehydration, Kawasaki disease, Macrocytosis, riboflavin deficiency, Sjogren’s syndrome, frequent use of soaps and other chemicals, deficiency of vitamin A, B and C, smoking, history of skin disorder.
Apply certain remedies to get rid of dry, cracked, chapped lips:
– Keep the body hydrate by drinking lots of water. Water or fluids keep the body moist which keeps the skin soft and supple.
– Make a vitamin rich juice by adding 1 tbsp. of water cress, carrot and spinach juice, 2 tbsp. wheat germ oil, one glass of tomato juice, and 1 tbsp. of nutritional yeast.
– Eat whole grains, legumes and nutritional yeast.
– Avoid flavored tooth paste.
– Apply lip balm or petroleum jelly on the lips to keep them smooth and always when you go to bed.
– Many people keep wetting their lips with their tongue, which makes the lips dark, and color and lose the moister. Stop wetting lips with tongue rather apply moisturizer.
– Apply butter or pure ghee into the naval.
– Soak rose petals in raw milk for few hours. Then make it a paste and apply on the lips to keep them pink and smooth. This helps the lips to retain their lost color.
– Rub cucumber slice on your lips.
– Apply margosa leaf extract on your lips.
– Put some aloe vera gel on your lips.
– Apply milk cream.
– Applying glycerin on the lips with a little honey.
– Applying castor oil on badly dried lips.
– Take a saline bath.
– Avoid licking your lips. Saliva evaporates quickly, leaving the lips drier than before.
– See to it that your diet provides you with sufficient quantity of vitamin A. Carrots, tomatoes and green leafy vegetables are the good sources of vitamin A.
– Excessive use of lipsticks on the lips too makes them dark and dry. At times let them breathe without putting anything on them. Before applying lip color apply some lip balm or moisturizer on your lips to keep them moist.
– Never peel the dead dry skin from the lips.
However, if these remedies don’t work, you should see a dermatologist as soon as possible!