What are the can’t-live-without-them beauty products of this summer? Read this article and you will find out what are the top 7 beauty must-haves of this season.
1. SPF, minimum 30 – for face and body, for looking young longer and for reducing the chances of skin cancer, especially for women who burn easily. Sunscreen may not be as sexy as a shimmering gloss or fragrance, but it’s definitely essential for your health. You should go for mineral formulas that deflect UV rays with physical sunscreen ingredients titanium dioxide and/or zinc oxide. Besides, there are products out there on the market that feel light on the skin, like you are not wearing sunscreen at all and don’t make your skin look greasy.
2. Under base mousse that acts as a primer to prevent makeup meltdowns, but also has a slight tint to even out your skin tone and built-in SPF 30 to prevent sun damage.
3. If you can’t make it to the seaside this summer, bronzing products are the fastest and easiest ways to get your (fake) tan. In fact, bronzers help to instantly enhance your natural glow, some of these products being the perfect all-in-one primer, illuminator and bronzer. If you use a bronze powder, ease up your application by sweeping bronzer on your cheeks and the bridge of your nose only. For a natural glow, you should use a formula with a touch of pink. Moreover, there are bronzers on the market that hydrates the skin and helps to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
4. It’s not a secret anymore, all women use makeup to hide blotchy skin. But there’s another way to boost your complexion with a skin perfector or a luminizing serum that break down discolorations so there’s no need for foundation. Use it all summer, and by fall you’ll see much more radiance and less hyper-pigmentation.
5. Instead of foundation use a tinted moisturizer with turmeric and vitamin C. It may sound strange to put something like that on your face, but turmeric is loaded with the antioxidant curcumin, a potent anti-inflammatory agent known to help reduce psoriasis and heal skin damaged by UV rays and other environmental factors. Vitamin C gives your skin a smooth, porcelain-like appearance.
6. Sulfate-free hair products, specifically designed to smooth frizzy, unruly or processed hair. Free of harsh sulfates, unnatural silicones and parabens, these hair products contain all sorts of oils, such as Argan Oil, Olive Oil and Sunflower Oil that penetrate hair fibers and smooth the cuticle.
7. Last but not least, summer is the sandal season so no woman wants to be caught without a pedicure. In fact, a perfectly polished pedicure is one of this summer must-haves. Color is on top, from ocean blue to intense green, sunny yellow and neon coral pink. Depending on the type and brand of the nail polish, you should apply three coats and a top coat to maximize the color.