The fast tempo of life, daily routine, stressful events, junk food, all these are risk factors for most of the health problems that modern men seem to be confronted with.
Therefore here are 5 steps that specialist recommend to those who wish to improve and maintain their health.
1. Regular physical exercises. Stop spending all your free time in front of the TV. You should practice any type of physical activity you wish for at least 30 minutes per day. You will be surprised by the positive effects it will have on your body and mind. It would be preferable to start using the stair instead of waiting for the elevator. If you take your car to go to work, then try to park it as far as possible from your office. If you are a regular client of public transport, it would be great if from time to time you could get down one stop earlier than your destination point. In the evening, take your partner for a walk (this way you will have two times more benefits: you could also relax and spend quality time with your loved one)
2. Healthy diet. Try to avoid as much as possible junk food which is famous for its content of cholesterol and fat. It would be great if you could replace it with vegetables and fruits. Instead of red meat, eat more fish. Don’t forget about seeds, nuts, or other sources of vegetable proteins.
3. Weight loss (within healthy limits). The organism has a lot to suffer if your weight is very much above the normal limits. Amongst the problems excess fat causes we can find: heart problems, diabetes, and many others. If you wish to lose some weigh try to follow this rule: eat more healthy food, eat in small quantities, practice more sports. The decision of losing weight is a very important one because it affects you entire lifestyle and thus, it should be taken as such.
4. Regular medical examinations. Your visits to the doctor should be made on a regular basis because he or she, are capable of telling you if there is anything wrong and how to treat it. If you are over 40 years old you should make a mammography on a regular basis. For all women, Papanicolau testing is essential for discovering cervical Cancer. PSA testing is essential for men over 60 years old. Don’t forget to go to your doctor and take your entire family with you because it is a easier to prevent a disease than to cure it.
5. Forget about stress. If you are to busy to practice some sports than you should really worry about it. It means that you have reached a point in your life when you are also too busy to spend time with your family and friends, you do not sleep enough or you don’t eat healthy food at the hours you are supposed to. All these are stress factors in your life and by eliminating them you will see that life is a lot more beautiful than you already think. 🙂